Passed the WSS 3.0 Exam 70-541!

Today I took and passed the WSS 3.0 - Application Development exam. I basically took it to prove I know something about SharePoint development. SharePoint is HOT! right now. If you just know to install SharePoint you can make alot of money right now.

I passed with a score of 828. I did not think I would do that well but I did. It is an extremely hard exam. If you do not have a solid full-time 1-2 years of SharePoint development experience, do not attempt. Save your money. This exam is not for people that did a couple of SharePoint development projects.

There is only one book out as of today Inside Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 that even attempts to discuss WSS 3.0 development. I read the book almost twice and it still did not help that much. It got me through a major WSS 3.0 development project but it was not that much help for the exam.

I might take the configuration one in about 2 months but my next exam is the MCAD to MCPD Web Developer Upgrade exam. I'm trying to get all my certification current. I was going to upgrade to the Enterprise Developer exam, then attempt the MCA but my WinForms experience is not much.

Until next time...

Comments

Popular Posts