Why I uninstalled IE 8 Beta 2

Last night I uninstalled IE 8 Beta 2 and went back to IE 7. I had it on my home computer since August of last year I think. The reason I uninstalled it was because not only was it alittle too buggy for even Beta software. It had major issues with video streaming sites where to the point the video would not even show. Something like that should work even in beta software. Also it did not impress me with its performance, memory footprint or features. Web Slices? Who cares about that? The average internet user is not going to use that anyway.

Don't get me wrong I love Microsoft and their innovation in some cases, but let's be real, certain things are just not worth putting in a product if people do not care about them. I guarantee you if Firefox, Chrome and Safari was pre-installed on Windows, IE would have the second and maybe third largest market share instead of the dominant first. Personally as far as look and feel and just regular internet browsing, I like Safari for Windows. Call me crazy but that what I like. From a development standpoint, IE is the leader. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it is not always standards compliant. But that is why I like it. Plus it fixes your mistakes. If you are a hack web designer like me, you have to love IE! (Hey that rhythmes!, DJ AA in the house!). Second is Chrome. I know people are going to say WHAT YOU ARE NUTS! Firefox rocks for development. It has Firebug and every development tool known to man! IE has the same tools in some form or another. Maybe not as friendly but they exists. So get off it.

Conclusion: I waiting on IE 9 or IE 2009 that will be out 3 months after IE 8 officially hits the streets. (A joke people. Don't you get it?)

Until next time...

Comments

Popular Posts